Tuesday, April 5, 2011

INTC 5330 First Class 4/5/11

I have been out of school now for 9 years.  My younger sister just completed her Masters and I remember thinking "wow, I'm so proud of her.  I don't know if I could ever go back to school".  Then JC Martino informed me about this opportunity and I thought "why not?".  I'm so very glad that I decided to begin the process with this class.  After tonight's class I realized that there are so many amazing tools on the internet that I never even knew existed.  I teach high school chorus and feel like I could do so much with this technology to make my classes more interesting and less redundant.
I was sitting in class tonight listening to the discussion on future projects and my mind was working on using upcoming events in my career for these projects.  Next week I'm taking 30 students to New Orleans for 5 days to compete in a choral competition and I can't wait to take pictures of the rich musical environment to use in some of my projects.
I am really looking forward to the weeks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment